1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Tom c., Feb 19, 2006.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Hello fellow plowers, Can any one in the northeast or tri state kick me any info on insurance for part time bussiness. I do lawn care in the summer and plow in the winter, only a few accts 10 -15 lawn and 3 plowing just some basic liability. Would like to get some type of coverage but my business is small for now might expand in a few years. Like a policy to cover truck and equipment? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom:help:

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i had problems getting insurance until i did a llc co.which made my company look more legit most companies wont insure snow only .but they did cover it
    with landscaping.. i have erie ins.

john

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You can get snow plowing added to your General Liability and Commercial Vehicle policies for lawn care. That is, if you insurance company offers snow plowing insurance at all. It makes no difference if you are part time or full time as far as whether you can get it or not.

4. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Progressive

I sub contract and I run without ins. which is yes! dam stupid. I guy I plow for is like you Lawns during the warm months and a rider for snow plowing. He has progressive ins. I think you use to have the Brynes agency in Norwich, Ct. As a sub all I do is push snow and for me to pay 1600 a yr just to push snow or pray for snow this year. It just doesn't work out money wise. :jester:

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

5. remtech1

remtech1 Junior Member

Plow Ins.

ins. can be added to a com. vehicle policy and dropped at end of winter for about 600. through progressive. many landscaper policies include plowing.plowing w/out is a bad idea, something lowballers do to keep costs down,.if you hit/hurt someone while plowing and do not have the propper coverage your'e screwed.as far as subs go ,you as the contractor are required to carry ins. and must also get cert. of ins. from subs.it's not easy to be the little guy .a small business is still a business,i would try to get enough to make it worth your'e while. REMEMBER if you do use subs that as the contractor you are responsible for the work that they do ,good or bad.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

call erie they usually have good rates and info