1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mikemac, Dec 18, 2005.

1. mikemac

mikemac Member
    from ma

what do you guys pay a year for commercial insurance? i'm starting to get into commercial lots and want to cover my back in case something happens.

2. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

a ****load

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Well, I guess I should be pretty upset. I just got my new policy for my General Liability for $1 million. Increased from $721 to $819 (compare that to someone from New Jersey). But so many factors are different from your situation, that any comparison is pointless. Your insurance rate will depend on your location, your age, your marital status, the accounts you service, if you have employees, your history in the industry, your claims record, your credit score and on and on. Oh, and my Commercial Vehicle policy rates were unchanged (to the dollar) from last year.

5. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Plow Truck = $1,900 per year. 1 Mil -
    General Business Liability = $2,400 per year . 1 Mil

I am mostly residential snowplowing and sidewalks. Only 3 properties qualify as commercial.

6. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Yet another insurnace question

:dizzy: I'm a subcontractor and I enjoy plowing for someone else. I never had insurance though and the way the world is getting I started lookin into some coverage. I live on CT and they pretty much bent me over without a kiss! payup I'd like to know what ya'all are paying around the country? The best I got was $1500 the worst $1950. All I do is plow snow I have no interest in cutting grass or whatever. I have a fulltime job and plow on the side for the extra cash. I'd let to see what the regions are paying as subs or as owners.
    Thanks,
    Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

7. cha-chas plowin

cha-chas plowin Member

i hear that

we have allstate thay are killing us in waterbury,ct:angry:

8. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I have everything with Erie. My landscaping business and snow plowing is combined. For the bus. i have $ 500.000 liabbility full coverage on 02 bobcat 185, Hoe attachment, 4 wheeler with plow, landscape rake, Turfmaker hydroseeder mounted on a trailer cost me around $ 850.00 per year. Comercial plan on my 03 F-350, liability only on 75 ford F- 250 4 trailers cost me around $ 1,700.00 a year.

mike

9. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

I just switched mine because I am going to start snow plowing next winter. I hope this sounds right but I asked my state farm agent to give me the commercial coverage for snowplowing, and my rates only went up 9 bucks a month from my regular truck insurance. So I only pay like 780 a year now. I also have a seperate 1 mil liability policy. Just seems cheap compared to what most guys are paying.

Jason

10. 129

129 Junior Member

I have a General Liability policy for 1 million through Erie insurance. Great rates, only $577 for one year. I use State farm on my truck, with 1 million coverage also just to make me sleep better. In case anyone is close by, I'm in Ithaca NY Scott :salute: