1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by joshtreelg, Nov 2, 2004.

1. joshtreelg

joshtreelg Junior Member

am having trouble finding general liability ins for commercial work due to open loss record with prior ins carrier, any suggestions, email

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I have been told by my insurance agent that, if my policy is cancelled or "non-renewed", I should not expect to be able to find insurance with any other company. General liability insurance is not like auto insurance in that no company can be required to insure you (like high risk insurance), therefore no company will insure you if you have a loss history.

Best advise I can give is to find a different line of work that does not require liability insurance. Or maybe one that with less risk (talk to your agent). May sound harsh, but "what else are you gonna do?".

3. usabestsnoplowr

usabestsnoplowr Junior Member

Insurance people wonder why Snow removal costs so much.
    Damn the lawyers