1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by naco, Sep 13, 2004.

1. naco

naco Member

I'm Looking for a cheaper insurance company, I just contacted them and they want an arm and a leg. Could someone recommend a company. my company is in Michigan. or e-mail me newageinc@msn.com

2. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

naco -

Who is your current carrier? Did you try doing a search? I know there has been a few names of insurance companies thrown around in other posts. State Farm, Auto Owners, and American Family were just a few and I bet there were more.

Just my .02¢
    Rick

3. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

naco
    try FarmFamily.com... I went from close to 5000 a year down to 2100... and they are a great company...many guys from the industry use them..good luck and be safe...
    Jack

4. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

I have Auto Owners. They were the cheapest commercial insurance in town. there was a $1000 dollar per year difference from other companys. Good luck

5. mikekinney

mikekinney Member

group

Farm Family has been good to me (Barb 315-668-3487). Hope I don't get in trouble for that.

6. JunkFood331

JunkFood331 Junior Member

I had a question on this insurance discussion, if every buddy doesn't mind. On average what does everybody pay for there insurance, per truck. :confused:

7. mikekinney

mikekinney Member

I belive they charge on your overall gross sale's

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Are you asking for Commercial Vehicle or General Liability insurance? As implied, the first is to cover to or by the vehicle and the second is to cover your liability in case of an injury claim.

If you're asking about Commercial Vehicle, each individual's circumstances will greatly affect rate. What I pay (55 yr old male, rural Maine, clean record) has no comparison to what you would pay.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  9. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I have Auto Owners as well.

10. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

My GL costs me 898 a year that with 5 mill coverage and full coverage on 2005 bobcat.
    Commercial insurance is my most costly insurance. I have no accidents, no points, my employies have no points.
    2003 Chevy 2500 for coverage $3,300.00 a year
    1995 Ford f150 just liability $2,400.00 a year
    All insurance is through Nationwide. This was last years prices. I am in the middle of buying out 2 other businesses so I am working with my agent on the best way to insure this new venture.

11. naco

naco Member

thanks guy I will check out farm family, i currently pay close to $5800 a year

12. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Insurance Needs

For anyone in the Nassaiu or Suffolk County areas in New York, PM me and I will provide you with an Ins. Agent who will write your snowplowing policy, I mean your landscaping/ with snow plow rider policy.

13. naco

naco Member

Does anyone else have another company farm family doesn't do Michigan

14. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

American Family or Auto Owners

15. naco

naco Member

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks

16. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Auto Owners here, as an add on to my carpentry contracting policy. Its really pretty cheap.
    Todd

17. naco

naco Member

Thanks Todd