1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Chuck Smith, May 19, 2003.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I found a web site where you can request quotes online for auto, and business insurance. They don't give you the quote online, but contact you within one business day via phone and / or e mail. They do give you the name of the agent best suited to your needs (so they say) and what carriers the agent offers.

It's worth a look.

www.allquotesinsurance.com

~Chuck

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I tryed them when i was looking for ins for the welding biz,they came up with one agent and after talking to them and expaining what i was doing they (like most others) told me they could not help:confused:

From what i gather,Mobile welding and roofing are 2 of the most difficult policys to get.I'm sure there are others but this is what the agents have been telling me.

3. Workhorse2500

Workhorse2500 Junior Member

Hey Arc, just wondering why mobile welding would be so tough to insure?

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of liability,your on someones property working on there stuff with lots of sparks flyin,fires can start quickly and spread quicker.It's strange because there are a lot of hazardous occupations out there and for whatever reason,agents just want nothing to do with welding.

I have never seen a claim rate but they must have some info showing a high percentage of claims.I have yet to speak with an agent who will even give me a quote!

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

It makes sense to me. Never thought about it before but, most newspaper stories that I have read about fires at construction sites that I can remember were started by sparks from the Welding company either torching or welding. I can't think off hand of any other causes that I've read about, but can think of many welder caused fires that I've read about recently. So it must be an industry problem that makes it harder to get insurance.

6. storts

storts Junior Member

To Arc

Ive owned my own welding co for 30 years,,and do snowplowing on the side,Hope fully it will be more than on the side,as the economy stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It seemed to me,and all the agents that ive talked to that after 911 the rates went crazy!30 years,,not one claim,and my product liabilty went from 1700.00 per year to close to 7 grand,,And like you i started with the net,calling,You name it,,and this was my agents advice that i had for 25 years,,its like we are terrosits now,because we have oxy,acc,and other stuff that can go BOOM!!!!
    My mobile work is at 1% to bring my ins down,,and that was told my 3 different agents,that insure local welding shops in my area,,,Dont even ask what cocrete guys pay:dizzy: makes the welding look like peanuts,,thats why alot of concrete guys want you to pay for the concrete,,because they are charged back at the end of the year with the yards of concrete they buy!!So I know exactly where your coming from,,,and glad I found this site,as its great ,and chock full of info,,Good Luck,Jack

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

welding ins. sounds cheep compared to our roofing gl ins. ha ha o yeah our work comp is pretty cheep too only 39 per 100 ha ha ha