1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Rochester NY

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BDEMOTT, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

I am having little to no luck trying to get just Plowing insurance in Rochester NY. I am bassically being asked over and over what do you do in the summer time, I tell them that i work for a landscaping company and am very happy with my position. It seems like i might have to carry some sort of landscpae insurance all year just to have them cover me for the winter season. If there is anyone on here in my area that is in a simular sistuation and has any adivce please let me know. And so far no one has even given me a $ figure for anything.

2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

mgm associates in penfield , they were able to get me real cheap plow ins.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I was running into the same thing the first year I started, ended up just getting a policy for landscaping and plowing. Which made me get into landscaping the following summer.
    I use NGM

4. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i went with landscape and plow insurance year round even though i dont do anything in the summer

at least it covers my plow while detached and sitting in the driveway from theft year around.

5. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Progressive has plow truck insurance. That's not general liability of course.

6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

so does allstate , and they will find you a GL too

7. Have a question for you guys....what exactly is plow truck insurance and what exactly does it cover? My fleet is covered by Commercial Auto (collision and comprehensive) as well as GL. I have other insurance polices for other stuff but that is what covers the trucks and plowing.

8. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

commercial plow insurance (or my agent calls it snow and lawn coverage) is coverage that you place on your vehicle that covers anything that may be damaged by your truck while performing services as a business. it also covers your truck and any equipment on your truck if that gets damaged too. it also covers your plow during the off season (and on season ) in the event it gets stolen

its regular auto insurance tailored for plowing and lawn care people. and is ment to be coupled with GL if you so require to carry GL.

im sure my policy and your commercial auto policies are pretty close . just named differently.

9. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I have Erie, but going to do some price shopping, renewal time is coming. All insurance companies I have dealt with will not write a policy just for snow plowing, only as a rider. I have lawn and landscape along with construction that my policy is attached to.

10. EIB thats what I have experienced also thats why I was wondering what snow plow insurance was. Seems to me its just a typical commercial auto policy with a catchy name. Thanks for the explanation guys.

11. MGV

MGV Junior Member

You have to tell your insurance company that you use your truck for snow plowing. Just because you have commercial ins. it does not mean you are covered when plowing. If you hit a vehicle while plowing they may not pay.