1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Requirements

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigblue527, Feb 3, 2014.

1. bigblue527

bigblue527 Junior Member

Can someone tell me the minimum requirements for commercial snow plowing in New Jersey. Is it a Million Dollars Combined that is needed?

Thanks

2. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

I don't care what state you are in.... Never go with the minimum-espessially where people are sue happy

3. MisterG

MisterG Junior Member

I don't know about New Jersey, but usually your commercial clients will dictate to you what they require when you take them on. On the practical side though, don't go less than 1 million. The difference between minimum and 1 mil is so little, its just not worth it to go for less.

4. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Big blue, I'm not sure if you are referring to General Liability (GL) insurance or commercial auto (truck) insurance. If you are referring to GL coverage, the minimum policy is $300,000 but we rarely are asked to provide that. Generally, you be asked to provide at least $1 mill in coverage with possibly additional coverage on top of that (umbrella). As far as truck insurance goes, what ever your state requires for minimum coverage but we are never asked to provide less than $1 mill here also. I hope that helps.
    Ben/Insurance