1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Recommendations and Costs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Nancy Gorman, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Nancy Gorman

Nancy Gorman Junior Member
    from midwest

We are new to the snow plow business and would like recommendations on the type of insurance and amount of insurance we should carry, as well as, the estimated cost. We are a small operation with only one truck and plow and three employees.
  2. nekos

nekos Senior Member

i have my commercial vehicle insurance with Progressive ( $1300 full coverage ) and 1 million gen liability with American family. ( $350 )

im a sub for a larger company but i assume your rates should be fairly similar.
  3. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

1mil g/l is pretty much the standard, a few places will ask for 2mil but not too many. Truck(s) will determine fees for vehicle insurance. Just as your state will vary the cost of the G/L... I know jersey is pretty darn high Ive seen rates from 1,000 a year to over 2,000 here