1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Recommendations and Costs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nancy Gorman, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Nancy Gorman

Nancy Gorman Junior Member
    from midwest

We are new to the snow plow business and would like recommendations on the type of insurance and amount of insurance we should carry, as well as, the estimated cost. We are a small operation with only one truck and plow and three employees.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well you need Commercial auto insurance General Liability insurance you need workman's comp. insurance For insurance amounts you should be starting at 1 million . As for cost a lot of variables find an insurance broker who can shop around for you.
  3. Nancy Gorman

Nancy Gorman Junior Member
    from midwest

Thank you, I hadn't given any thought to the workmen's comp.
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yup. You need to get commercial collision, liability, and workmans comp. I'll tell you what I pay for each of my trucks. My 95 Dodge is about $35/month. But my 02 Ford is $85/month! That's quite a big difference. Keep that in mind when buying a truck.
  5. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Running me about $1,500 / year:cry: