1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance rate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNCServices, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CNCServices

CNCServices Junior Member
    from Dayton

Commercial insurance how much will 500.000 worth of coverage run me roughly a month 1 truck liability only for plowing only

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Alot of Variables that go with that Question.....I suggest calling insurance brokers in your Area and doing some research.....:salute:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plowing only is almost double the normal landscape/snowplowing rate. You could be over 5,000/yr.

4. CNCServices

from Dayton

Just got off the phone with proggresive 1400.00 a year truck plow spreader covered tools towing included not bad

5. grandview

Call back and confirm this. Did you tell them your looking for insurance for your truck with a plow on it? Or did you tell them you'll be plowing commercial with it?

6. CNCServices

from Dayton

Commercial plowing with the works fire theft etc truck spreader plow 500,000 liability progressive 1 driver

7. grandview

Not bad. Now did you get your GL insurance yet?

8. CNCServices

from Dayton

Insured as of 930 last night hope for snow now

9. grandview

Got you EIN#?

10. CNCServices

from Dayton

Yea workers comp insurance also

11. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if i was you id look 2 bundle i pay that for 2 trucks 1040. year . 2mil comp ins is only 500. a year

12. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if its just you you can cut that some cont will make you have it but if they dont you dont need it

13. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

What company are you with?

14. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

$5K for one truck on a half million $ policy? I hope you're not paying anywhere near that......

15. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

WC insurance must vary from state to state. I dont know what "2 mil comp ins" covers in your state, but in MA you pay your comp premium based on payroll. IE 100k in payroll a year for my tree service would equal about $14.5K in WC premium. Obviously the rate for general landscaping and plowing if much much lower.

16. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Last time I talked to Progressive for rates, they would only insure snow removal contractors if they had a maximum of 10 snow removal accounts? Never heard such a thing...has something changed with them?

17. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I don't know anything I have ever done with progressive in the past has always been at least twice what anyone else ever wanted. I call them but have laughed them off the phone almost every time.

18. grandview

No. I do plowing and landscaping so my rates are lower. If your doing snow only insurance is going to be higher because of the risks.