1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance quote

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MFD18, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

this will be my first year...i have a bobcat and will be doing commercial (strip mall sidewalks) and residential (driveways etc.) work removing/plowing snow...

my insurance agent said i will need add'l insurance for snow....he quoted me $1300 for the year...

is this reasonable?...sounds very high...bg

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it's in the ball park. What coverage are you getting and make sure they offer additional insured because a lot of companies what this.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Is this for General Liability, Commercial Vehicle or both? What amounts if General Liability? Actually, sounds kind of low for commercial, based on your profile and area (if metro Boston). Is it maybe combined with another rate for your summer work?

I just checked your other posts and I'm guessing you're adding GL to your other business and that you're not plowing with a truck. So, yes, that sounds about right.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I was told that there was 3 grades of insurance coverage, residental, small parking lots, and large parking + highway plowing. The heavier the traffic in the area you will be plowing then the higher the risk of an accident so the higher the cost of coverage. Thats with Farm Family Ins.

5. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

mfd im looking to get insurance for plowing.. what insurance company gave you this quote

6. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

AQuote

Hey guys i got insurance this year on my mowers and lawn equipment, plus fuu coverage on 3 trucks with a 1million comp/Agerate. it cost me 3500/yr and i have no tickets or accidents and thats thru stae farm...if you get it for 1300 jump on it....my policy covers plowing as well...

7. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Do yourelf a favor and ask your agent exactly what you are covered for, 3500 sounds cheap but I have heard stories of SF agents giving low quotes only to find out they were not exactly covered.
    Plowing damage,curbs lights etc. Slip and falls resulting from plowed snow piles. Accidents driving to plow sites. If you shovel sidewalks, slip and falls etc.
    Also what is the comercial auto 300k 500k or 1mil