1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by creek1, Nov 30, 2011.

1. creek1

creek1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Recently I agreed to plow two large retail stores for one of the national providers. I plowed one of them last year so I assumed that my insurance coverage was adequate. Now with our first storm forecast for this weekend they tell me that it is not. They basically want me to assume all the responsibility and they want none of it. My insurance provider tells me that no one is going to offer that coverage for zero liability for the national provider. I am thinking about trying to bail on the contracts as they were to cheap to begin with. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well see ur a rookie
    Tell the owner that your insurance only covers when your on site thats bottom line
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since you want to jump ship ,write a letter with confirmation of them receiving it. That you will not be able to plow due to THEIR stipulations in the contract.