1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Q..how much?..In Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 2moresleeps, Aug 22, 2006.

1. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I plowed residential properties last year for the first time. I cut grass and carry a 2 million liability policy for that however, I did not have insurance for snow. I was lucky that I didnt need it last year but I absolutely REFUSE to plow this year without it.

3 or my friends currently plow AND mow without insurance. I am not knocking them for their choices but for myself, I feel that being legit and having this as a career, I need to step up and make the right choices (for me).

So, any idea what I might be looking at in terms of premiums? Any numbers, even ballpark ones will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. 2moresleeps

from Ontario

3. winteroasis

winteroasis Junior Member

Where you from in Ontario?

Most likely depends on which area you are from even city Vs. rural will make a difference amount of winter contracts way to many different factors come into play, but we pay close $350 per month with just one truck.

Hope this helps

4. 2moresleeps

from Ontario

It definetly does help..........thank you. I live in Toronto, Ontario which I am sure will bring those numbers closer to $500 per month. If I may, which company do you currently use? I am with Brokerforce but they refuse to write a winter policy.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Phone Sinclair-Cockburn, 416-494-7700. They would probably insure it through Lombard Canada. Are you in Toronto or close? I am in Newmarket.tymusic

6. winteroasis

winteroasis Junior Member

I am with lombard they are pretty good.

7. 2moresleeps

from Ontario

I am in Oakridges...just down the road from Newmarket. tymusic

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

LMS Prolink - Chris Hossain - chrish@lms.ca

We are also with Lombard, but our agent is getting annoyed with them and said he will be switching in October. Our agent is LMS Prolink, and they really did a good job for us. We are 24 and 23, so getting insurance was quite a process. We have two trucks currently with two drivers. One is a 2006 F-350 and the other is a Sierra 1500 4x2 that we barely use in the winter. We pay $800 a month for full coverage.