1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance policy

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by milwaukeevtwin, Nov 17, 2009.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I need to start checking around for a new insurance policy. I had Farmers and my agent retired. Now my rates are going up. Anybody have some good rates out there. I live in South Beloit, IL. 61080
    Thanks, Ron
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why are your rates going up? Just because he retired should not effect it.
  3. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

like grandview said, they should not be going up just cause he retired, I would call them and find out what thats about.
  4. milwaukeevtwin

My question is to find other reasonable companies. Not why my rates are going up. If you must know, they said my old insurance person did not have enough coverage. It really does not matter. I am looking for a new company. Any suggestions?
  5. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

Marengo Insurance, 815-568-7108
    i know there not the closest to you, but not like you need to go in there.
    i know many others that deal with them, very friendly and knowledgeable. wont steer you wrong or sell you stuff you dont need.
    Marengo, IL - bought half hour from ya.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you liked your Farmers insurance ,can't you see if someone else is selling it? Also nothing wrong looking now and then to see what else is out there.
  7. milwaukeevtwin

That is why i am looking
  8. JacobChristian

JacobChristian Junior Member

Hey I am new to the site but wanted to let you know that I got a policy that included coverage for my landscaping/snow plow business, 15,000 of tools and equiptment, 2,000,000 general liability, snow plow covered, truck and trailer covered, and more for around $150 a month. If you want just snow plow liability your looking at about $50 a month. My family has been in the insurance business for 5 generations.

Let me know if you want more info and I would be glad to help. They represent Farmers but I know they are not the most competitive in this market.

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Talk to my friend, he will definiately set you up with what you need. He is not an over seller, and he will make sure to set you up well and give you good prices. He has set up a bunch of policies for guys on the forum here an I guarantee youll be happy. Call him, I told him about you and he is waiting for your call. Make sure he knows I sent you so he knows who you are. His name is Dan - 847-533-9593