1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance ...not the kind you think

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by csi.northcoast, Dec 1, 2011.

1. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i was talking to several folks today, in this day and age of customers not paying or paying really slow i think a good idea would be some type of insurance that would pay you if you got burned.....i am sure there would be a lot of stipulations but it might be a nice thing to fall back on ....any thoughts ( no i don't sell insurance) just rambling waitng for it to snow

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I think mine has a statement , I can collect a few hundred for nonpayment. Fortunately never had to use it.

3. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

There are companies and people that buy accounts receivables, some good some bad, most charge a high percentage, but if you have a large amount with a corporation and a good written contract and you are tired of chasing them they are good at making life hell for them. Debt collection services are usually at least half and you have to wait till they collect.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

A/R insurance is readily available throughout the industry.