1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance needed I Live in NEW JERSEY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LaffertySalvage, Jan 26, 2014.

1. LaffertySalvage

LaffertySalvage Junior Member

I am trying to start a small business snow plowing , lawn mowing and basement clean outs.
    I got liability insurance this year for the snow plowing but they dropped me.
    I had no accidents and I paid them but I think they wanted me to do some thing besides just snow plowing.
    I am retired and just want to make extra money but I do need insurance.
    Commercial truck insurance is to expensive so is Liability on the plow OK.
    And if so does any body know of any insurance company that I could use.
    I have plowed for Morristown and Aero Snow at Newark Air Port
    I am using a 97 Jeep Wrangler and I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually which I am thinking of putting a plow on it if all goes well.
    Any help would be really appreciated .
    Thanks
    Jim
    sgt128@comcast.net

2. plowin4u

plowin4u Member

I think there is a company called mills insurance that specialize in plow insurance, they are based in jersey, maybe you can google it for the number

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try and list snowplowing last on your application and list lawn cutting as your main business

4. LaffertySalvage

LaffertySalvage Junior Member

Thank You for get back to me and thanks for the info

5. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Lafferty, I am an independent insurance agent in NY with a special program for snow removal contractors. Feel free to contact me. 516-233-3515 or BPalmeri@Archerins.com
    Ben/Insurance