1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance in NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sschario, Dec 2, 2002.

1. sschario

sschario Member

Just wanted to follow up on my insurance quest: I ended up with Progressive Commercial for the truck and Auto-Owners for the general liability. Neither one cared that I was just starting out and the rates were as good as I found.

Would be happy to provide details if anyone is interested.

I have also found a couple property management guys that have indicated they will use me as a sub when needed, so this may come together after all.

Thanks for all the education.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Just out of curiosity, what are the general rates that you guys pay? Some companies want to charge almost what we can make in a season, its unbeleivable!

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

sschario, funny how that worked out. I had recommended looking into a couple of companies. I have always used Progressive Commercial also, although that wasn't one I'd mentioned. I didn't think they offered insurance in your area.

Snowybowtie, around $800/yr for $300,000. That's pretty low on the natiowide scale. I'd discussed with the agent about raising it to a million. She suggested I really should and I agree, just haven't done it yet.

4. sschario

sschario Member

I just got 100/300/50 for $600/yr and $500K GL for $312/yr. These are based on projected earnings of < $10K/yr.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

thats not as bad as i thought it might be. A guy i used to plow with was telling me that a company had quoted him for 1500 and change for less than 10k, but 800 i can do, thanks! Im kinda shopping around for a better company, ill use that as a better basis

6. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

Where I am, I use Dryden Mutual, Just the liability is about $1000-1200 for million dollar policy. All of my commercial accounts require million as the minimum. Truck with comp and collision is about $600 a year, x2. 2 trucks.....

Rick