1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance in MI

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by rbmarvin77, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Just got a quote on General Liability insurance for a one man/one truck operation. Was quoted $1050.00 for 1 year 1 Million dollar policy. Seems high to me any thoughts or opinions on that quote..

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on your equipment that you have. Some business you may bid on require 2 mil liability.

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I have 2 mil in Michigan with a small amount of inland marine, and I was quoted 982 for the year.

4. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

Who did you get a quote from? Just curious.

5. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

Give Maggie a call at Insurance by Ivey and Brown. They are great to deal with and she will go over everything with you. 810-632-6777. I hope that helps.

6. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I'm going through E. W. Smith in Wyandotte. Great service

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on that...Maggie is GREAT....:salute:

8. 350yddr

350yddr Junior Member

Can anyone suggest an insurance provider for snowplowing in Grand Rapids?

9. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

X3...Thumbs Up

10. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I don't know if you are in the landscape or mowing maintenance business as well, but you may wish to check what Regency in Lansing offers to the members of the Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association.

11. Thanks for all the responses! I will check into each one that was recommended!

12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

X4...Wow I am surprised how many are with Ivey and Brown. I can't remember how much I pay as it went up after an audit this spring but I wouldn't be with them if it wasn't appropriate. :salute:

13. drichardson

drichardson Junior Member

I'll pay that right now. I got quoted for two vehicles, million dollar policy, equipment covered, hope your sitting down....$5700 for the year.

14. Ref Maggie

Spoke with her yesterday. Plesant to talk to. She provided me with a quote and I will probably be taking her up on it next week sometime. Thanks again everyone for the referral!

15. Maggie two

When I mentioned your company she new your first name without hesitation! Thats personalized service!

16. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

I have been with them for years, Maggie and the whole crew are like family. I'm glad she could help you out. Have a great season:salute:

17. 350yddr

350yddr Junior Member

This thread solved my insurance dilema--went with Maggie. Yeah, she won it by her knowledge and promptness...price wasn't bad either.

18. You and the other 2 above should hit Maggie up for a referral fee! LOL