1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance In MA

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by RoJo, Nov 30, 2005.

1. RoJo

RoJo Junior Member

Hello all,

I'm new to plowing and i'm a little confused about insurance. Do I need commercial auto for my truck or is my personal auto insurance OK? I got a quote for general liabilty of $1050.00 a year for $300,000 coverage does that sound about right seems high to me? I hope to get work as a sub for a local landscaping co. doing mostly parking lots because my trucks has an 8' bed and extend cab I think its a little big for residential work.

02 Chevy HD2500
    Blizzard 810 Plow

2. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

3. RoJo

RoJo Junior Member

Thanks Meathead, But I ended up going with Farm Family $750 for 1mil coverage seemed fair enough. I just kept shopping around for quotes and they had the best one.

4. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I called farm family and got a quote for landscaping but when I mentioned plowing it went into a whole different direction