1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance help?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Rgory, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Rgory

Rgory Member

Even though I know it seems a little cliche, I was wondering if I could have some help shoving me in the right direction here.

I will soon be 21 and I have driven for a good friend now for the past 3/3.5 years. Last year I purchased one of his used plows, (8' western ultra) and slapped it on my truck. I am still in college, graduating in May, and have had several unsucessful attempts with trying to figure out the mess that is the insurance, so this year I am going to use my plow for personal use and drive for my buddy again.

Which brings me to my question, can someone help me breakdown this insurance mess to something I can understand. My big picture plan would be to incorporate and then attempt to gain insurance for my company that includes plow insurance, comm+res.

What I have heard so far is that most agencies will sell me a commercial policy, but it turns out expensive and confusing terms. Any advice what I should be looking for or some sort of small package I might be able to find to provide year round coverage?

Finally, please bear with me, I was curious if I used my truck for some other company could I be covered that way and just accept a lower hourly rate?

Thank you all in advance for any help/responses to my confusing and petty question is greatly appreciated. I have seen and reviewed numerous posts about this topic but would appreciate any help possible...