1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 90plow, Dec 23, 2001.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I searched the site and didn't see any threads that answered my question. I was wondering if i need plow insurance in new jersey.
    I would only be plowing for people randomly no contracts (yet) and if i do what kind and how much. And if i was to have contracted costomers do i need insurance. And how much would you buy and what are the specifications. Thanks for your help.
    Let it snow

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know if New Jersey require you to have commercial liability insurance, but even if they do not require it, you still should have one. Don't take your chance. Also you will need commercial auto insurance. If you don't have both of these insurances, you better get it as soon as you can before the first storm come.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Stephen has it right. No matter how small an operation you have, you still need Commercial Vehicle to cover any damage done by your truck or plow. Commercial Liability to cover "completed operations" or accidents that happen after you leave. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you won't need it for "only ..." or "I only do a couple of drives, the homeowners insurance will cover it". It might, but the lawyers will come after you. Check with your insurance agent.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You try a search under elements of business forum.
    Dino

5. rainair

rainair Senior Member

insurance

you need both commercial truck and business liability insurance
    CYA!