1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance for own property

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Plowmedic23, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Plowmedic23

Plowmedic23 Junior Member

Hey. I'm only going to plow my own property this year. Do I require any thing other then my personal auto insurance? Thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it's your own property you don't need anything

3. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Most definitely! I personally would rec a absolute min of a million I carry 3 mill but it depends on how lucky u feel. And if there is a claim I would hope you have invested in the correct equipment iv seen it happen time n time again, that is, refusal to pay a claim because the equipment is older than two years old - doesn't matter if u have a 3 yr old plow w a new edge! Best bet is to hire a guy n stay warm. Question is do ya feel lucky

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I completely disagree with mtnbktrek and agree with diesels. You don't need anything for your own property. Just make sure you're not doing your "friends or family members" as well, because those relationships can get ugly fast if you're not insured.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Huh? What? Again,what?......

Plowsite should charge admission.

6. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Lol lil sarcasm on my previous post - I mean c'mon I see questions like this n I'm just like what?

7. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Plow medic, check my sticky post for the answer. It's under the business management section.
    Ben/Insurance

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

The answer? He's on his own property.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Only if you want to make a claim against yourself if you should happen to damage your property.

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

your own as personal use? or you own commercial that people can enter

11. CurbKilla

CurbKilla Junior Member

If you don't pay the suits (the real mob). They will sick the other suits (the legalized extorsionests) on you. Or maybe your on to something. Buy a policy, plow everything down, then let them replace all your stuff with new. Then hire out your snow removal.