1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance for municipal road plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by autoone, Oct 6, 2002.

1. autoone

autoone Junior Member

We are having problems with finding 2 mil liability insurance to plow municpal road ways (32.5kms).Our current 2 mil is ok for resedential and commercial lots but according to our broker will not allow roads.The roads are class5 and 6 gravel,with a short stretch of hard top.We have searched this site and our now looking for general asssistance from members.Any help with this and any pros/cons to this type of contract would be appreciated.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

With that much gravel to plow, look into urethane edges. They will take all the bumps and chatter out of plowing uneven surfaces such as gravel.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Learn something new every day.... I didn't think polyurethane edges would help obtain insurance.....

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That caught my eye as well. I think that an answer to an insurance question and not a sales pitch on a plow edge was requested. Unless somhow they can be linked???