1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Instructions... Western 7.5' plow on a ultramount-unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by soundnstyl, Dec 23, 2010.

1. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

So I finally broke down and bought the right plow... my question is... In the instructions I got... it only shows how to put an ultramount on... I have an untramount-unimount conversion kit on... and I do not see any instructions on how to get the plow on the mount... any idea where i could get these instructions?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Put the conversion on the truck.....2 pins and you're set. Mount the plow as if it's a Unimount bracket. Pretty simple.

You can't mount the conversion on the plow and install plow on the truck as if it's an Ultra, well you can but it's a PIA.

4. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

Not unimount to ultramount. The otherway around.

Just 2 pins huh? Just wanted to see an instruction manual. Ya know?

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

6. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's what I was talking about, there's no such thing as the opposite. I run them on all of my trucks. I was trying to help. Yes, it is that easy. 2 pins hold it on the truck, nothing else. I asssumed you already had it together and didn't know how to mount it.

8. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

yep it WAS easy... but there were 2 pins and something i needed to do to get the piston part on also. one thing i had a question on was... the height of the plow mount when everything was connected. i followed the instructions on the Ultramount to Unimount conversion and I measured 17-18" from the ground... the mount sits way low! i often bottom out when i get into and out of driveways... what height should should the mount be at when the plow is connected???

I attached a picture of Big Red...

plow1.jpg

9. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

One other question...I seem to be bottoming out a lot...

what is the height of your mount. Please see the attached. it looks like i have about 8" from ground to the pin that holds the plow to mount... is this too low?

Untitled.jpg