1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Instilling a SD on Ram 1500?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NYH1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

How hard would it be to do a complete install of a completely new 7.5" Fisher SD Series Snow Plow on a '07 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 (in sig below)? I'm pretty mechanically inclined. However, I've never installed a snow plow before. I guess bolting the plow frame onto the truck is probably the easy part and the electronics are the hard part. Is that correct? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, NYH1.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the fisher website. All the instructions are there. The electrics are pretty straight forward

3. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

Thank you sir!

NYH1.

4. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

Well I'm not gonna deal with installing it myself. I bought one yesterday. The dealer didn't have any left in stock at any of his stores, so he had to order it. Should be on my truck with Timbren's shortly after the 1st of the year.

NYH1.

5. JohnMeyer

JohnMeyer Member

Can you post some pictures after the install & timbrens? I'm kicking around the idea of a plow for my 07 Quad Cab.

6. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I can't post the pic's. . . . .but my kids can post them for us!

I think I'm going to make my own headache rack to mount my orange plow light on as well as mount a few (maybe four) forward facing LED lights and probably a reward facing LED light or two for hunting season, when we do most of our off roading. Sometimes having the extra light can be a huge help.

But I'm really getting excited about getting my plow setup on my Ram. Next I'll be buying some landscaping equipment.

NYH1.

7. JohnMeyer

JohnMeyer Member

That's what kids are for...........sometimes!