1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing yourself

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by reckless, Jan 17, 2008.

1. reckless

reckless Junior Member

Does anyone know how hard it is to install the mvp plus.
  2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

what type of truck? They are normally pretty easy
  3. reckless

reckless Junior Member

its a dodge 8.0 2500 quadcab
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I put mine together by myself but I had a pro wire it up. Assembly is very easy but the other stuff was over my head :dizzy:
  5. reckless

reckless Junior Member

yeh my main concern is the wire
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on your mechanical and electrical abilities...not one of the easiest to do for someone not familiar with them.

And one of the hardest plows to get all the air out of the hydro system that's for sure...:realmad:
  7. jason t.

jason t. Member

Installed mine myself on a Gmc, took about 6 hours, probably could cut the time in half the second time around. Wiring was no big deal, just read ALL of the directions. I printed them off the western site (http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/29665.00_031507.pdf)
  8. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Yeah, the wiring is pretty straight forward. Like B&B said, it depends on your abilities. I thought the wiring was the easy part. The brackets were the pain for me, had to drill some holes in my new truck!
  9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I've only installed the Curtis on my truck. I bought it off of my neighbor who had it on his 05 2500LD GMC. I had never seen how a plow went on before never mind installed one myself. I ended up taking the whole setup off of the guys truck that I bought it from, and took notes.... LOTS OF THEM, since Curtis' website sucks a$$ and didn't have many directions... anyway, if you take your time, read directions and ask questions you should be OK. Be confident with yourself.
  10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Its not bad if you have the basic tools required. A must have is a multi meter tho on the electrical. And a good piece of advice is go to Napa and get an accessory fuse block to wire the controller into instead of finding a wire to tap into.

Just take your time and follow the instructions to the letter. And you will have to drill holes in the frame for the brackets on your dodge.