1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing western 8'6" pn#60308 on a 1995 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ActFastTowing, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ActFastTowing

ActFastTowing Junior Member

Hey Guys!:waving:
    I am brand new here and pretty much brand new to the world of plows, but I am mechanicly inclined. This looks like a great place to learn!
    I have just purchased some rusty gold, A 8'6" western ultra mount pro snow plowside only looks complete # 60308 for $550. the cylinders look good maybe 1 new even, wiring looks new. one head light bolt is broke.the ps stand is bent hopefully I can heat it up and bend it back. looks like the pins on the end of the pivot bar need to be replaced. It came off of a 2002 chevy,looks like a 3 plug 11 pin system. its gonna need a complete tear down,sand blasting, a little patch welding, and paint etc. I am going to install this on my 1995 chevy 2500, 4x4, 8 foot bed, 8 lug wheels truck which has never had a plow on it. I am going to need everything on the truck side to install this plow. any suggestions on modules, wiring, mounts, etc would be greatly appreciated:nod:. I have looked at the western plow site and down loaded diagrams etc. The wiring is something that has me a little boggeled:jester:. I have the hb3-hb4 quad lights on my truck non-drl i believe. I would like to purchase and install the new hawk lights if possable. looks like I will need a new cutting edge as well. thanks for reading my post...Robussmileyflag

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

HI Rob,
    Welcome to the forum!
    yes your 95 chevy would be non drl. for the truck you'd need a 67865 mount, receivers to stick in the mount, a control, and wiring. The wiring part numbers for your truck and that plow would be 29070-1 module, 29048 h/l harness kit, 29047 adapter, 28055 harness kit, and a 56131k-2 solenoid and a little 22511k battery cable.
    If you want to look for used stuff, you'd be after the 88-98 type mount. 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton were the same during those years.
    Good luck! holler back any more questions. thanks!

3. ActFastTowing

ActFastTowing Junior Member

Thanks for the info nealybird.:nod: I picked up a used controller remote on e-bay and my mount should be here in a few days.:bluebounc I am wondering if I will need #26345 control harness(per kevin at plow parts direct) or #28055 control harness?
    :mechanic:
    Addition to post.....:D This is kit 28055 its a great deal for the 2 harness you get. This is for the Isolation module wiring. The kit gives you the control harness 26345, and power harness 63411.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

correct. getting the kit is the cheapest way to get the parts you need. glad you are getting everything figured out!