1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing ultra mount on gm 2500hd 2007

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rick3171, Nov 21, 2008.

1. rick3171

rick3171 Junior Member

when installing the mount on my truck do i have to cut the molding under bumper does anyone have a pic of front bumper
  2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

on the NBS 2007 you do not need to cut anything. The mount hooks do rub as you engage them but, not a biggie. On the old style chevy I do not think you have to cut either.
  3. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I think its worse on the NBS vs the OBS. Just press the plastic out of the way, it looks ghetto in the summer if you trim it IMO
  4. BigJ

BigJ Junior Member
    from CO

I have a new body and what I did was tighten 2 zip ties around the plastic part right above the mount. It works flawlessly and you can take it off in the summer. I will come out and say that I suggest doing in a heated area so you don't break the plastic by tightening the zip tie too much. Good luck.