1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing timbrens

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MnM, Dec 21, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

installed timbrens the other day on my 05 2500. Two days later the driver side is gone. I had a hell of a time putting these things in. I finally put about 4 pieces of 2x4 in between the axle and timbren mount, (I had to take the damn things apart to press them in, and lowered the truck down on them. Passenger side is on solid but I m having a hell of a time getting the driver side seated completly and I need to do a 05 chevy 1500 next week. Please someone give me the way they did it. It seems the timbren part that goes into the truck frame is too big. Please Help
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

They have to be very tight or they would just pop out and fall off. On my Dodge they actually recommended using a 2x4. I tried that and still had problems getting them to seat properly. I ended up using a baseball and lowered the truck onto that. It popped right in!
  3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Put the timbren in the freezer first to shrink it and then spray it down with silicon and press in usting 2X4 and lower down and it should pop in.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I just put a set in my 2005 Ram using a 2x4 and they went in very easy, Im not sure what to tell you.
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is the trick on how to put them in easily. Get a piece of PVC tubing. Put the timbren inside it. Line it up drop the truck down on it. PVC cracks and shatters and timbrem pops in