1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing timbrens?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Nov 13, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Has anyone installed timbrens themself? If so how long does it take? How would you rate the installation on a scale of 0 - 10 with ten being the most difficult. I'm ordering a set of timbrens and just don't know about installing them myself. :drinkup:
  2. George C

George C Senior Member

Which truck?

I did them on my 2004 Chevy in about 20 minutes. Very easy..
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They are easy. a 2.
  4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

I installed them on my chevy and gmc and did them in about 20 minutes. scale one to ten they are a 1.
    I installed them on my ford and they were harder mostly because fords better ideal is using rivots instead of bolts and it was a nightmare taking the old stops off. scale one to 10 they are a 5.

5. danno

danno Senior Member

Install 96 Dodge. They were supposed to be easy. The easy part was pulling out the old stops with channel locks, like a bad tooth.

The hard part was trying to fit the Timbrens into the sockets. As hard as I tried to put all the weight on them with the truck, they would not pop in. Or if they started to, go in crooked. Called tech support, and they said to jack up opposite rear of truck to force down the pressure. Still no good.

Finally used a rasp and filed down about 1/4 inch all around the rubber. Now they fit! The Rep said some might have been too large. He tells me AFTER I get them in! Was it worth it ? Absoloutly ! :nod:
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think you have a F250, 2004. If so, there are 2 bolts on each side that you have to remove and bolt the Timbren right back in that place. They are real easy. :bluebounc
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Just installed one on a 94 F350 diseal and it took me 1 hour, (getting older) had a frend install the other one in 20 minites.
  8. RON66106

RON66106 Member

I just put a set on last Monday 2003 F250 diesel. There was one bolt holding the stock rubber stop on which is metric. Took me about 30 min. I found it helped to remove the spare tire to give me more room to move around. They are the simplest thing I have ever put on I would rate them a 1.