1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Timbrens

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Boondox, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

To remove the OE bump stops you just pry them out, right? No bolts holding them in place? Then you just twist the Timbrens into the metal cup..? TIA, Pete

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

should be bolts holding them to the frame rails. you un bolt bolt timbrens in there spot.

3. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

you just take the bolt out of the bump stop and put the timbren right in there

4. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

It actuelly depends on what vehicle appilcation... ON a friends dakota. it was pry out and twist in, but on my S10 I actuelly unbolted the old ones and bolted the new ones in. Or should I say I sawsawed the old ones out. (no room to fit a wrench). But if a new bolt on holder comes attached to the timbren then you bolt unbolt and bolt. Else you pry out and twist.. But I forewarn you that this is not as easy as it sounds. prepare for elbo grease!
    :salute:

5. Same with my 98 Ram. I pryed them out of the "cups" fairly easy but getting the timbrens in was tough. I did them in December when it was cold. I recommend doing them when it is warm and the rubber is still somewhat flexible. But it was definately worth the work. They help a lot.