1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing switches

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kubota00, Oct 28, 2009.

1. kubota00

kubota00 Junior Member

I don’t know about anyone else but I get nervous drilling holes in the dash or console to mount switches. Not only drilling the holes but then getting my hands up under the dash through all the wires and vacuum lines. I am always concerned about pulling something apart. I came up with this approach seem to works well for me for about $10 in parts.

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Very nice. What kind of lights are those? And what did you have to do to get that mounting configuration? I have the same dump body and I cannot figure out a good mounting system that won't get hurt when I'm dumping gravel out the back.
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats some really heavy wire for LEDs...
  4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I have nova slim wic 3 on mine and are great!

And mine are mounted on the dump body!
  5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Do you have them mounted in the front? Great idea on the switch mount.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I saw that chain saw and thought this was going to be entertaining!!!

I like the switches with the brackets that screw to the bottom of the dash.
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I thought that about the chainsaw too.
  8. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

thats a great idea for the switches, i just got a new truck and am really not liking the idea of holes in the dash...where did you route that wire to the outside? and did you just use multi-conductor wire and seperate it off for each light or is that some type of conduit?
  9. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Get more pics of that truck on here (unless they already are in which case I have most likely seen them)!