1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing subframe very soon on an 05, may be missing some bolts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gear_Head, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I noticed i did not have the plates used to help beef up the bottom of the frame and ordered them. while i was ordering them, i noticed an odd bolt with a handle for deeper
    in the frame. my installation instructions dont show these bolts. i am hoping those are for another application. going on1500 chevy.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What year is your 1500? I've installed my fair share on both the 88-98 style and the 99-07 style. I'd be more than happy to lend a hand if you need it.

:drinkup:

4. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

mine is a 2005. I have access to the city garage, so any kind of lift or oil pit is an option I will be using. Just waiting for the plates to come in....and may be making these bolts now since I doubt they have them in stock. I may take you up on that!

5. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

they are easy to make also, do it all the time.