1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing strobes in turn signal lens

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Sierrasan, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Sierrasan

Sierrasan Junior Member

I just purchased some Whelen strobes to install in my amber rear turn signals. Does it matter if the strobe goes straight in from the back so that it is pointing to the rear or can I install it in the side of the lens so that the strobe is sideways to the rear of the truck? I am concerned that installing it the wrong way will reduce the amount of "flash" coming from the lens.
    Hope my description makes sense.

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Make, model and year of vehicle?
  3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well to get the most relection out of you tail light lense i would try and mount it as close to the bulb as possible ... thats how i have mine .. and then you can get the most reflection out of your light output ...
  4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

need more info but typically it would be installed to the side on centerline with the reflector. the turn signal bulb comes in straight from the back
  5. Sierrasan

Sierrasan Junior Member

That's what I was trying to figure out, if the strobe should be installed the same way as the bulb or if the strobe can be installed from the side of the reflector.
  6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Both will work but depending on the vehicles light shape, one will produce better results. And again I ask, make, model and year?
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i think he needs the application to better assist you...lol