1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing strobes in a utility bed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bike5200, Sep 17, 2007.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Has any one installed strobes in a utility bed? I have a 01 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L with a utility bed The bed has a red stop light and a clear light for reverse. I do not know if there is enough room in the existing lights to put a strobe bulb in. I have racks on my truck and can not put another 4 inch light on the back or do not want to drill a four inch hole in the metal bed. I would not mind putting a smaller light on the back but all the web site I been to only show large lights.
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Can you put up a picture of the back of the utility? I've done plenty, but each one tends to be unique, so a picture would help.
  3. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I will try , my computer knowledge is very limited. May take a day or two, work is keeping me busy.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have a way it could be done. Whelen sells a mount that one of these mounts that you can put a oval light into, if the light has a flange mount. They would look factory too if you painted them to match the color of the truck too. I know I could do it, and I do alot of custom installs on cars and truck for different people. Here is a pic of the light I am talking about and the box. It is also pretty low profile, and possible somthing to look into.

strobe 2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007