1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing strobes in a 2011 Superduty

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cobradude, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cobradude

cobradude Junior Member

I use my truck for plowing during the winter and needed to install strobes in my superduty. There is not a lot of info on installing strobes into this year truck so I thought I would pass a long some info. Installed the tail light strobes today in the reverse lens. It is very tight in there but I was able to get them in. Ran the stobes for over 1/2 hour and the lens really never got hot, just a little warm. I have been taking photos of the install and will post when it is done. Tommorow I will be installing the front strobes into the upper lens

2. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

sounds good man, post some pics/video for us all to see, im sure the guys that have that truck would like to see.

3. cobradude

cobradude Junior Member

Just finished this install today. The front was easy to take a part and install. I drilled a 1 3/8 hole throught he outer plastic and then drilled a 1" hole for the bulb into the lens. I then drilled a 1 3/8 hole onto a foamboard. Pulled the plug out of the hole saw and inserted it into the 1 3/8" hole on the outer head light assembly. Siliconed the plug into place. Should I ever need to get at the strobe bulb the foam plug should come out easily. Wired everything up and it works great

4. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

I would like to see the install. Have been debating for 2 years now whether to do them in my 2010 personal F250 Lariat Super Cab

5. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

So tubes or LEDs?
    The newest truck I've done an install on is an 2010 f250.

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

the 10 and 11 head lamps and tail lamps are the same

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

No, not the fronts in appearance

I've done every truck in my sig.

8. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

did 03 05 09 and 11 the back side of the headlights are the same just look a little different from the front.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

10. cobradude

cobradude Junior Member

Here are some pictures of the strobe install
    This is the back side of the tail lights. I was able to get the strobe into the reverse lens but it was tight
    11 001.jpg

11 003.jpg

The front was easier, but there are a couple of tricks to help out
    On the outer shell drill a min. 1 3/8" hole with hole saw. Once outer shell is drilled switch out to a 1" hole saw and drill lens. Use vacuum during the drilling so chips are sucked out of lens.

11 012.jpg

Drill into some foam board using 1 3/8" hole saw and remove plug. Put slit in it so wires can pass through to middle of plug.

11 013.jpg

Put into hole in outer shell of light and silicon in. If there is ever a need to get the strobe out the plug could be remove easily

11 014.jpg

Thats about it

11 001.jpg

11 003.jpg

11 012.jpg

11 013.jpg

11 014.jpg