1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Snowdogg Vxf 8.5 SS on a 2000 dodge ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by condo plow, Sep 13, 2014.

1. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Need some help has anyone installed a snowdogg Vxf 8.5 SS on a dodge?
    I am installing on a 2000 dodge ram 2500 4x4 need some help with light truck harness.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard the Snowdogg lights can be problematic. Mossman may have some insight.

3. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

I have tried almost everything and seems to cause more problems them fixes I am thinking about cutting up the light harness and only using the plug that plugs into the plow and run my own relays and put them in a cab rocker switch.:(

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

PM Mossman before you go cutting things up. He had some issues but figured it out.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Dodge's are a ******* when it comes to electronics...I wish you luck!!!!

6. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Everyone has there own option about dodge, ford, Chevy, to each is there own,

If a plow comes with head light adapters for any make of truck a universal adapter I can see dodge owners would have problems installing it,

But they are not universal the adapters are made for year of vehicle and for the type of head light and for what make of vehicle you have. THEY SHOULD WORK...

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

When I said that, I left out that all we run are Dodge's...speaking from experience it's a pain in the ass on them.

Between Buyers and Dodge, on electronics it's a tough row to hoe.

8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Not having ever put on a Snow Dog but with a Dodge you will come across some wires changes in 2000-2001. On a BOSS there wiring does not work. It requires some cutting and adding wires but it can be made to work like it is supposed to. So I do not see why with a Snow Dog wiring diagram you could not rewire it to work.

9. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

All done

Okay guys thank you for all the advice. I spoke with Jim at buyers a swell guy. The way I was installing was in fact the correct way as per the instructions all my problems was from the plow lights them self. The harness coming out of the light brown wire and purple wire are crossed inside the plow light. It is a simple fix as per Jim instructed me to do so. Just switch the two wires at the connection once again thanks everything is working