1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing SE 1075 on GMC

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PLM-1, Jan 20, 2007.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I got the receiver mount for my new SnowEx 1075. I wasn't expecting to have to drill holes in the bumper, hence the receiver mount. But, in the instructions, low and behold you have to drill something like 8 holes for the bumper brackets. Is there any way around this? I got the idea to take the bumper cover off and attach that way. Then, in the summer just put the cover back on. How does the cover come off? It was cold and wet out so I didn't wanna screw with it too much. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To pull the bumper cover off,first remove the push pins from each end of the bumper (one on each side) You can use a small screw driver to get them started up out and then gently pry them out with a pair of needle nose plier's.Once their out just start at on end of the bumper and pull up on the cover.It just has plastic nub's on the underside that snap into hole on the bumper top.Sometime's they can be pretty stubborn to unsnap so you may have to work a large screw driver under it to pop them off.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the help.