1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by supersteve1191, Mar 4, 2009.

1. supersteve1191

supersteve1191 Member

Im looking into getting my first plow and I was curious as to how hard it is to install it yourself. has anyone done it, or is it worth paying someone else to put it on?
  2. rollin snow

rollin snow Junior Member

depends on truck and plow new or used?
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I put my sno-way on with my neighbor, and it wasn't to difficult, actually the hardest part was taking the stuff off the truck for the mount to fit on, I had to take the tow hooks off, the plastic part under the bumper, a skid plate on the bottom. The mount bolted on, the wire harness went on pretty easy. If you know what you're doing.
  4. rollin snow

rollin snow Junior Member

i put on a9'2"rt1 boss v on my chevy came from a ford took some fab. works great my b able 2 help u .
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Take your time and follow the directions and you will be fine.
  6. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

peice of cake....installed two meyers and two westerns.....can be done in a day easily
  7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Just make sure to follow directions and then retighten all of your bolts after a plow or two just to make sure they stay tight.
  8. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

did my fisher by myself and helped someone else wire theirs. not difficult at all. depending on the truck you have, you may have to drill into the frame for the mounts. that might be difficult if you dont have the proper tools.