1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing new Ploy Caster Spreader Need some help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by D&R Plowing, Nov 29, 2008.

1. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

I just purchased a new Poly Caster Spreader and do to the length of time it will take the dealer to install it (several weeks) I decided to do it myself.

I have question on installing the cab controller , The in cab controller has a 4 wire plug-in into the back of the controller, However there is a red wire that comes of of the plug in and is about 24 inches long. The controller instructions don't mention the red wire but the general installation guide does. It refers to connecting the red wire to a switch accessory Circuit ("Attach the red connector to a switch accessory circuit"). ??? I would believe that they are referring to the red being the power lead, however do they want it wired into the fuse box or cut into another wire or install a switch to control power to the controller. I don't want to mess this up and have to buy a new controller for being stupid.

Any help would be appreciated as I am just about finished with the exception of the red wire. and it is getting cold and dark out there.

Thanks

Dennis

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I did mine last year, but don't remember specifically. Usually "Switched Accessory" means you only have power with the key on. You may have to root around in the fuse panel to find an open slot. It may be wise to call or stop by your Dodge garage. They can probably show you in ten seconds.

I had great luck with mine last year, once the motor and controller were replaced (under warranty). You should like it.

3. D&R Plowing

D&R Plowing Member

Thanks for the reply. I believe it is just the power wire for the cab controller but just don't want to mess it up and have to replace it on the first day. Other wise it went in pretty easy.

Thanks

again