1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing new boss vplow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cv700, Nov 22, 2010.

1. cv700

cv700 Junior Member

Just ordered a new v-plow, going to install it on a 06 Chevy 2500HD Reg. cab. Should I adjust the torsion bar up? Also, will I have to drill any holes in frame to install plow mount?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not sure about the 07 but I just did my 04. There was no need to drill any holes. I did have to cut the belly pan some to make it fit back in and the plastic around the tow hooks some. Other then that it was all nuts and bolts.
    As far as adjusting the torsion bars, there is no real need to do so. Maybe install a set of Timbrens or some better shocks is all.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are going to turn your torsion bars up and put in Timbrens you need to do so before you start your install.

4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I put mine on a 2007 2500 new body style and didn't do anything but timbrens and the truck only moves about a 1/2" with the plow on. hope it helps

5. cv700

cv700 Junior Member

Thanks, for the help. Are the Timbrens hard to install?

6. chitown sparky

it took me about an hour each side it was hard to line the screw hole and the wedge up

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you take some weight off the front end it should go pretty easy. An hour tops would be a long time IMO.

8. chitown sparky

i had a jack under it and it was still a pita

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

On my 09 I just took the tires off. Time consuming but I had lots of it that day.

They are worth the frustration.

10. chitown sparky

Yes they are!!!!

11. cv700

cv700 Junior Member

Waiting for my plow to be delivered today. Ordered a set of timbrens last night. Thanks for the help.