1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Myers plow and need a measurement

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Ironartist, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

I am installing an old meyers plow on a ford dually that do not go togather. I got 10 1/2" from ground to plow a frame connecting point. Now I need a measurement from that pinning point to where the bottom mount on the pump is. I put a post in the equiptment repair section with a pic thats kinda hard to see but I know the frames don't go together like the owner of the truck thinks. here's the link to the pic http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=95611
  2. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

still looking for numbers

Guess I'm gonna have to send it out of here since no one knows how to read a tape!
  3. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

i looked at your pic's and you dont have all the frame parts to install it on that truck
  4. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

I know I was gonna fab whats not there. All I need is a measurement from the A frame pins to the lower pivot point on the pump, I don't have enough room as is for the pump to sit where it's suppose to. The pump need to sit ? above the plows A frame
  5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

The height of the pump doesnt really matter, the chain will compensate for that. Just position it so the center of the lights sit about level with the top of the hood, mine used to sit way high and they would sometimes hide a small car.
  6. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

kind of it does matter

I put a plow on my buggy and my pumps a bit low or too far foreward cause when the plow came up it knocked a hole in my dirty diecast alum pump with the chain connection. I am a welder but the best fix I had was to remove clean well cut open and j.b. weld.

2004-12-04 006 (Medium).JPG
  7. jwkv

jwkv Member

You need a protective bar across the front of the pump to stop the blade from getting up too high to hit it. The A frame on mine comes up and hits the lift frame before it hits the pump.
  8. broncscott

broncscott Member

The vertical dimension from the a frame pin center line to the pump base bolt is 17"
  9. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

Thats the one I can use thank you