1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Meyer Diamond Edge

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bosoxfan4, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

How hard is to install Meyer Diamond Edge on 2005 F250 if you have never done it before? Is it worth the $500 to have it installed? I am pretty good with installing things but never did a plow.
  2. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

do it ur self i knew nothing about plows, bought one without directions and still got it together. good learning experiance
  3. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

was there any welding invloved? about how long did it take you and do you have any tips or suggestions?
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If it is a MDII or MD+ model not difficult, but will take you a good 6-8hours, a few drill bits and some wire ties, lol

I would suggest you look at the install instructions on Meyer's website, look under technical support, look under EZ mount Plus,you will have to find the correct mount they have a few diferent ones for the Super duties. Look under Lighting for your wiring instructions for the lights and look under Hydraulics for the control wiring.
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Depends on how much expirience you have with turning wrenches and electrical. Not really much to it but I like to work on my own equipment. Also, unless you have a nice warm garage or shop to work in, I would just pay the $500. having to work on a vehicle outside in the weather sucks. LOL