1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Hiniker on 2wd

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by gbmatt, Dec 22, 2011.

1. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

Trying to install a Hiniker plow on a 2002 2wd f250. What do I do about the stablizer bar being in the way. Hiniker would not help saying that it can be done but it's not recomended... so they wont tell me how. Do I just do away with the stablizer bar?

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Well I'm guessing they don't make a mount for it? So you will have to make one yourself anyway just work around it

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't take the stabilizer bar out... you will have to fab the mount to work or buy a 4x4 truck

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

While you're trying to figure that out I would also be looking at nice pull points on the rear as well as nice new recovery straps :jester:

5. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

My boss has had plows on three other 2wd trucks before and has never need to be pulled out. The other trucks were gmc and were easy to make the mounts work. Now he wanted this one on a Ford and they have all this stuff in the way. He ended up putting it on a gmc 4500. It will be running with my F250 4x4, if he needs to be pulled out.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You ended up putting a plow on a 4500 that you were originally going to put on a 2wd 3/4ton??

7. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

Well I see that I put F250 when I ment F350, but yeah that's what he did.

8. NBI Lawn

BIG difference between a 1ton and a 4500 GMC

9. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

It's a two ton truck with a dump bed. I don't understand what the big deal is.

10. NBI Lawn

I presume you are new to plowing.

11. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

We only do commercial lots. We may get some side streets from h.o.a's if It's a bad storm. We don't get much snow here, It's not worth getting a truck just for a plow. You use what you have. Most people around here clear lots with skid loaders, we do as well but by having the plows we get to clear more lots. The last company I worked for had It's plows mounted to 18ft landscaper trucks, so running plows on large trucks is not a "rookie" mistake around here. Same goes for running 2wd trucks, people get away with it every year. I would not want to use the truck if we were doing small drive ways. We do have two 3/4ton plow trucks if that problem ever came up. To answer your question, no I am not new to snow removal. I am however new to hiniker plows, witch happens to be what the original post was about.