1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing hide a ways in 05 chev

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by andrewlawnrangr, Oct 1, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

any suggestions ideas helpful hints truck is a reg cab long bed chevy 2500hd

i want to put them in the front high beam section, back up light section and tail light

please help

thanks
    andrew

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Look around here and use the search feature. There is a bunch of topics on hideaways in Chevys of that style in here already.

3. back corner of the high beams....closest to the grill. ON THE TOP OF THE LIGHT. and you can put the in the reverse lights, but you have to drill into the side of the light. (the direction of the tailgate) Make sense?

4. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

In one of our 03's, I put the fronts in the same spot in the bottum lens as the daytime running lights. I mounted them from the top and was still able to keep the drl bulbs in with no problems.

In the back, I put them in the reverse lights. The red from the taillights really dims out the strobes and almost defeats the purpose of having them! They shine great through the reverse light lens.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Andrew
    Send me a email and I will email you some pictures of my install on my 05 Chevy
    flykelley930@aol.com put strobes in subject line.

Regards Mike