1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing front Timbrens help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by builtupbowtie, Aug 30, 2010.

1. builtupbowtie

builtupbowtie Junior Member
    from Oh

well I finally decided to try these timbrens that everyone reccomends and I'm having trouble getting them on. These are going on my 09 2500 hd silverado. i jacked up the front of the truck, took the front tire off and removed the yellow factory bump stop no problem. there has got to be a trick to these things. I cant get it stuffed in while trying to hold the washer, wedge, line it up and tighten everything. it's pretty tight between the mount and the lower control arm. I do have the torsion bars turned up, do i need to lower them back down before installing these? I appreciate any help guys
  2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Pull the bolt from the lower shock

mount, and let the control arm come slowly down on a jack and you should be good.
  3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I had the same problem on my 07 what I did was took a small screwdriver to line everything up it took a long time like 2 hours to do both the hardest part for me was the wedge washer hope this helps
  4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

It just takes practice, and patience - you'll get it. Adjusting your torsion bars back won't do anything to help - the suspension is at max travel when it's on the jack.
  5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

gd8boltman got it right, pull the lower shock bolt out and use some soapy water or even WD-40 (it'll wash out fast) and they should slip right in. I put them in every fall and remove them every spring. I like the stock ride better in the non plowing season.
  6. m297

m297 Member

Take the bottom bolt out of the shock, install the timbren and reinstall shock