1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing fisher plow/wiring and pushplates?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nolimit124, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

How hard is it to install a complete fisher plow set-up? I have done some wiring before for lits and stuff, but I was just wondering if I would be able to install a fisher plow on my own i'm semi mechanically inclined. I have a lift, and my friends dont want to pay someone to install them just wondering if you guys think I could do it. Any directions on how to install the plow, push plates, and wiring. One is going on an f350 and f250 and a chevy 2500hd. Let me know

I tried looking up on youtube, but I couldnt find any directions

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Not much too it really. The biggest thing is taking your time and following the directions. Route all the wiring methodically and you'll do just fine.

My camera broke just as I was getting going doing my install, so all the pics on the thread below are pretty much before and after with a few shots in between. There is plenty of us on here that would help you if you get a question half way through.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=87611

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Fishers website has all the instructions you need, like repoman says take your time it's your first install, you'll have to drill some holes in your truck frames (4 on the ford and maybe 2 on the chevy) make sure you have the proper installation hardware for the push plates especially those bolts with handles, all hardware is listed on the parts list for the specific set of push plates.

4. pensty

pensty Junior Member

New or used unit? If it's already assembled, then you've got half the battle beat already. If brand new, then you've got some Xmas morning toy assembly production going on before touching the truck.
    I installed mine on an 08 2500HD and it took the better part of a day. Most 'complicated' process was the removal of the front grille to facilitate wire routing. Installing the pushplates was child's play, just required some cutting of the hard plastic valance (if it's warm it cuts with an Olfa HD knife). Planning the wire routing and mounting of the solenoid, isolation box, etc should be done beforehand. For firewall penetration, I was able to share space with the main harness above the brake pedal.
    A process that seems to help things along for me is to bring all the instructions, literature, etc, into the sh1tter a week before the install. Seeing as you are in there sitting, you have some free time to pour over the instructions and operator's manual to get yourself aquainted with the unit and the pending install. Backpages or warranty info can come in handy in this location too!
    As pointed out....the Fisher website is loaded with helpful install docs.

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

The Chevy will be easier than the Fords, I believe on the Ford you have to remove the front bumper to attach the upper support?? Wiring is very easy and straight foward.

6. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

ok fair enough guys i will track down the directions i'm sure I can handle it i have 10 people want to get plows installed by me. I'm only charging $200, which i thought was the going rate lets see what happens.

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Too cheap in my opinion. We do alot of installs... $400 - $500 labor depending on the truck.

8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I would not open the doors for 200 either 400-500 is about right

9. psd104

psd104 Junior Member
    from ny

also have a 08 2500hd tring to put a mm2 v plow on, running into problems putting on push plates on they don't seem to line up. I have plates 7169 for truck the back spot "bolt" hole is way to far long. any help would be gerat

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Dude, rather then running around jacking threads, why don't you go start your own. I already gave you a solution in my thread as well as instructed you on how to start your own thread. Your going to get more responses and kinder words by doing it the right way.

:rolleyes: Great.....now I made it into the damn policing category!

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Prednisone hahaha

12. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

LOL easy now killer..

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

You ain't ah kidding. I feel like that Chev Chelios in that movie Crank.

:D

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its ok just don't punch the computer screen!

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

I did that when I worked at Nestle. They had touch screens with bar code zappers mounted to there forklifts.....Needless to say I got written up over it. I tried saying I slipped getting off from it. Opps.