1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Fisher MM plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DanG, Nov 23, 2002.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I'm Looking at putting one on my brothers truck(Dakota) for a back up and and I've found one from a 1500 series ram for $1000 or best offer.

How different are the frames under them?

I'd like to do it with out buying a new mount for the dakota if possible(Have torch and welders so minor reworking isn't a problem).

Dan

We've had one plowable storm so far this year near Albany of 5" of wet stuff.

Up on the mountain east of me they got 11" last night so my brother in law got to use his new toy (I put a 9' plow on his loader for him that was given to me)

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Totally different frames. Check with Fisher's website to see what mounting kit you need or find a dealer. Without the right kit you will not be happy.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Not only are the frame kits different, but the 7.5' MM is way to heavy for a Dakota, people you really have to match the truck to the plow. You cannot, as has been proven, run oversize plows on undersized trucks. The results just are not worth the gain.
    Dino

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Thanks for the replies,

CT,
    I looked on the fisher web site before I asked the Question.
    And they reccomend the 7 1/2' MM for the truck( which is the size I found).
    If I had to I could buy the mount , but was hoping that the other one could be modified to fit it.

Dino,
    I wouldn't put anything bigger on it( I'm not a newbie at this,I've been plowing for over 25 years so I do have some idea of what i'm doing):)

Thanks,
    Dan

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The Dakota will handle the LD Fisher 7.5