1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Driver side mirro

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mdchest, Sep 7, 2004.

1. mdchest

mdchest Junior Member

Is it easy to install the outside left side mirror on my 98 silverado? The mirror is power and would like to know if there is a site with instructions on how to replace it. Thank you for any help.

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

See no body is answering ya so I will go of memory here. Pop off that triangle shaped peice on your interior door just oposite of the mirror. Just one of those pull clips iff i remember correctly but dont quote me. There should be 3(again IIRC)nuts holding the mirror on. I believe they are all hiding back there but you may need to yank the entire door pannel off. If thats the case you gota take off the little bucket around the handel and the pannel is mostly held on with the sucky plastic push clip things, you need to pry or pull off. Also gota be carefull of the wires that are attached......I'm pretty sure the switches pull out from the top with no screw holding em in. Try that first so you not trying to unhook wires while still holding the door pannel. And the top of the pannel clips up and over the window opening it may take a bit of monkeying. Sorry i can remember the specifics but if you go slow and dont force anything you will be fine. Just look at everything if it dosnt want to come to make sure there isnt some wierd thing its attache too. Get the 2 screw in the pull handle/armrest thing too. Then look for nuts on the inside. GM is pretty good......if you see a round hole or something there is probably a fasenter hiding inside there.

Edit: dont be supprised if you break one of the clips and a screw driver with some tape raped around it so you dont scratch the paint or something like that can help too.