1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 on a 2007 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DERHNTR, Sep 29, 2014.

DERHNTR Junior Member

A couple weeks ago I picked up a new to me GMC to replace my 98 Chevy Z71 half ton. The 98 has 241,000 on it and the body is falling off:eek:. I decided to use my current plow a Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 hitch and run. I did a lot of research on mounting the frame. Called my local distributor. Great Lakes Snow and Ice and he had a frame in stock. I kind of like to do things for myself so decided to mount it myself.

Truck before install

DERHNTR Junior Member

Truck and Plow Frame

DERHNTR Junior Member

Following the guide lines it said to remove 30 inches of the valiance. Eyeball and tape told me I did not have to take that much off. I only removed 28 inches and could have gotten away with 27 inches

DERHNTR Junior Member

2 hours later here is what it looks like. Took a little longer as kit had fine thread bolts and course threaded nuts on a couple :help: and was missing 1 nut from kit. :mad: I am please with the way it turned out.

5. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Nice rig, looks like a clean install